[BCC-Ride More] My physical condition

Greg Borchert greg at glborchert.com
Mon May 4 09:46:48 PDT 2020

Mike:

Damn.  85 pieces of titanium!  Amazing you are already considering losing
the crutches!! I hope the appointment Wednesday goes well.

I am about your age (69) and my wife's name is Linda too.  My Linda has
also suggested that I am perhaps a bit too old and frail for riding, so my
response has been just to be more cautious.

She doesn't want me riding in pacelines with people I don't know, due to a
screwy paceline crash I had in 2009 where the rider immediately in front of
my slammed on her brakes in a large and fast-moving group. I shattered my
elbow as we hit the ground hard and eight bikes piled over us.  The
titanium in my left elbow has served me well! I am jumpy in pacelines as a
result of this crash (as some of the riders in BCC have seen), so I just
decided that off-the-back is better. It's hard sometimes to see someone
pass me when I know that in my prime they wouldn't have been able to, but I
get to be outside on my bike so I decided that was enough.

Best wishes, Mike.  Hopefully the worst is past and you are well on your
way to recovery.

*Greg Borchert*

*Borchert Associates  greg at glborchert.com <greg at glborchert.com>**
720-336-5818 - Direct Office (Preferred)*
*  817-424-3193 x101 - Office*
*  214-783-7599 - Mobile*