Note: ONLY MEMBERS AND FIRST TIME GUESTS ARE ALLOWED on BCC rides due to insurance requirements. You must join the Club to ride with us a second time. Memberships are good until the start of the following season.
By purchasing this membership, you are digitally signing this waiver of rights (click to read).
IN CONSIDERATION of being permitted to participate in any way in the Boulder Cycling Club (“Club”) sponsored Activities. I, for myself, my personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin:
1. ACKNOWLEDGE, AGREE, AND REPRESENT that I understand the nature of bicycling and that I am qualified to participate. I further acknowledge that Club bicycling activities will be conducted over public roads and facilities open to the public and upon which hazards of traveling are to be expected. I further agree and warrant that if at any time I believe conditions to be unsafe, I will immediately discontinue further participation.
2. FULLY UNDERSTAND that:
(1) BICYCLING ACTIVITIES INVOLVE RISKS AND DANGERS OF SERIOUS BODILY INJURIES, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS AND DEATH (“Risks”);
(2) these Risks and dangers may be caused by my own actions, or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in any Club Activity, the conditions in which the Activity takes place, or the negligence of the Club, its administrators, directors, officers, agents, and employees, other participants, any sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and leasers of premises on which any Club Activity takes place, (each considered one of the “RELEASEES” herein);
(3) there may be OTHER RISKS AND SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC LOSSES either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS AND DAMAGES I incur as a result of my participation in any Club Activity;
(4) applications for, and renewals of, membership may be rejected for any reason within thirty days and any fee paid will be returned:
(5) my membership may be revoked by the Board of the Club for any reason, and, if revoked, a pro rated refund will be returned to me; and
(6) all member benefits provided by the Club and third party sponsors are subject to change at any time..
3. HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, COVENANT NOT TO SUE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASEES FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ON MY ACCOUNT CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE “RELEASEES” OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS.
4. AGREE to abide by all Club ride and safety policies, including, but not limited to:
1) obey all traffic and cycling laws and cycle as a vehicle;
2) come to a full stop at all stop signs and red lights;
3) maintain a safe following distance at all times depending on the conditions, but never closer than 1 foot for every 1 mph over 10 mph (e.g. 5 feet minimum at 15 mph and 10 feet minimum at 20 mph);
4) do not impede traffic, ride more than two abreast, or pass on the right;
5) pull completely off the road and shoulder when stopped;
6) stay alert at all times observing motorists and cyclists in all directions;
7) warn other riders of road hazards and other dangers using accepted verbal warnings and hand signals;
8 ) follow all other rules mentioned on the Club’s website and in the Clubs’ pre-ride announcements;
9) follow the instructions of BCC Ride Leaders, including leaving a ride if asked to do so;
(10) not to disparage the Club or its management, members, or volunteers in any way;
(11) to be polite and cordial to all Club members, management, and volunteers; and
(12) do not ride with the Club if my membership is not current or if I have ridden with the at any time before as a guest.
5. Warrant that:
1) I have experience road biking in both urban, mountain, and rural areas;
2) I will review the proposed route for each ride I attend to be certain that the route is suitable for me;
3) I will only go on rides for which I possess an appropriate level of cycling skills and safety knowledge;
4) My bicycle will be well maintained and have properly inflated tires prior to all rides I go on;
5) I know how to change a tire and tube and will not rely on the Club for repairs or supplies;
6) I understand that I may be left behind if my bike breaks down or if I do not meet minimum fitness requirements specified by the Club;
7) I will bring adequate liquids, food, and money for each ride;
8 ) I will not ride if I am ill or weakened, and my physician has approved me for cycling;
9) I will allot sufficient time to fully complete each ride I attend;
10) If unforeseen circumstances cause me to leave a ride, I will notify one of the Ride Leaders.
6. WARRANT that I will not rely on any Club Ride Leaders, ride policies, or safety rules for my safety and will be responsible for my own safety at all times.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE. I INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW AND AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS HELD TO BE INVALID THE BALANCE, NOT WITHSTANDING, SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.
- Scheduled weekly no-drop rides. No minimum commitments.
- $10 OFF Boulder Cycling Club Jersey
- 10% OFF Any Single Bicycle at Bicycle Village (limit 1 per year)
- 20% OFF In Stock Accessories at Bicycle Village (certain exclusions apply)
- 25% OFF Shop Services or Bike Fit at Bicycle Village
- 2 for 1 coupon at Twisted Pine Brewery (limited to first 100 new or renewing members each year)
- Happy Hour pricing on beer at Boulder Beer after Tuesday night rides
- Free pint at Avery Brewery Tap Room after designated club rides (see calendar for applicable dates)
- Invites to members only social events
- Discounts on select event registration fees.
- Register under the BCC for select events. May increase your chance with registration caps.
- The BCC is a 501(c)(7) non-profit organization and your membership dues support a great cause.
The BCC is:
- A non-profit organization.
- A member of the League of American Bicyclists and the Alliance for Biking and Walking giving us access to their great resources for improving clubs
- Managed by volunteers with no compensation paid to officers.
Ten More Reasons to Join
1. Make new friends.
2. Find a partner for that big bicycle trip you’re planning.
3. Meet people you can call for spur-of-the-moment rides.
4. Improve your cycling skills.
5. Learn more about road safety by becoming a Ride Leader.
6. Stay current on all cycling topics by attending our educational events.
7. Find out about great new road biking routes.
8. Get updates on latest route closures and construction.
9. Get news on pending legislation related to bicycling.
10. Because you will ride farther, more frequently, and have more fun!
If you’re not quite ready to join the club, why don’t you check out our e-newsletter…