We Are the Boulder Cycling Club…
Thank you for your interest in the Boulder Cycling Club (BCC)! If you live in the Boulder area and love to get out on the roads and/or dirt on two wheels, we may be the club for you!
Our club began nearly twenty years ago with the mission to connect cyclists in a fun and safe manner and without intimidation. Successful, but still small, in 2010 we set out to greatly expand our activities and become Boulder’s preferred cycling organization intent on offering challenging, but safe rides, and the opportunity to both meet and make new cycling friends with after-ride gatherings. Mission accomplished! We have grown from that small, initial group of cyclists to now more than 250 paid members and over 1500 subscribers to our e-newsletters. We now we offer more than 200 regularly scheduled rides each season as well as special rides, trips, and events throughout the year. On top of that, we’ve added great sponsors to meet your biking supply and maintenance needs and to quench your thirst and feed your hunger after rides!
We are by no means an elitist club, and welcome cyclists of nearly all skill levels. Since its inception, we have striven to build the organization around three principles:
- To make cycling more enjoyable and safer for our members with an active calendar of weekly rides, special events, and structured skills sessions.
- To make cycling more fun by bringing like-minded folks together on and off the road through riding, after riding gatherings, and frequent social activities.
- To improve the riding skills and capabilities of our members—building skills, endurance, strength, and confidence throughout the season.
I encourage you to discover more about the Boulder Cycling Club through our website here. Our modest annual dues will quickly pay for themselves with discounts and offers from our local sponsors. If you are still not sure, most certainly, come out and be our guest on a ride or two with us during the season. You will find us to be fun and welcoming and we would love to meet and ride with you! Again, thanks for your interest in our club. We hope to meet you soon on one of our rides!
Ten More Reasons to Join
1. Make new friends.
2. Find a partner for that big bicycle trip you’re planning.
3. Meet people you can call for spur-of-the-moment rides.
4. Improve your cycling skills.
5. Learn more about road safety by becoming a Ride Leader.
6. Stay current on all cycling topics by attending our educational events.
7. Find out about great new road biking routes.
8. Get updates on latest route closures and construction.
9. Get news on pending legislation related to bicycling.
10. Because you will ride farther, more frequently, and have more fun!
No Cycling Elitism Here
We pride ourselves on having a club that is fun and inviting to cyclists of all skill levels. Let us know you are a new member and one of us will ride with you and “show you the ropes” of the club. Group rides split up into multiple sub-groups based on ability, so it is easy to find others who ride like you do, or challenge yourself by “riding up” to a faster group. We are kind of proud of our club kits, and if that sets us apart from other clubs or riders, so be it!
Discounts from Our Sponsors
FULL CYCLE/MULTISPORT and THE TUNE UP
- 10% off any regularly priced items (except bikes)
- 10% off mechanic services
- 10% off rentals and demos with discount code*
- 20% off bike fitting services
- 10% off food and beverage at The Tune Up Taproom
- New members should be prepared to show proof of current club membership
*Rental discount code will be simply “BCC10” for online reservations on our website.
THE TREK STORE
- $20 In-Store Credit for any purchase (Limit one per customer) Ask for a coupon for BCC Members at the front register or see Roy beforehand for a coupon.
- 10% off Parts and Accessories
- No discount on labor (service)
- No discount on bikes