- Scheduled weekly no-drop rides, subject to covid restrictions. No minimum commitments.
- Networking with other club members via our email list.
- Member pricing on jerseys and kits.
- Discounts on bikes, stock accessories, and shop services at our sponsor bike shop sponsor locations. (See list below).
- Happy Hour pricing on beverages following club weeknight rides at our sponsor breweries and distilleries.
- Invites to members-only social events
- Discounts on select event registration fees like the Buffalo Bicycle Classic and Ride the Rockies.
- The BCC is a 501(c)(7) non-profit organization and your membership dues support a great cause.
The Boulder Cycling Club’s approach addresses two of the biggest issues that deter people from road biking: 1) safety concerns and 2) the exclusivity of elitist clubs.
Ten More Reasons to Join
1. Make new friends.
2. Find a partner for that big bicycle trip you’re planning.
3. Meet people you can call for spur-of-the-moment rides.
4. Improve your cycling skills.
5. Learn more about road safety by becoming a Ride Leader.
6. Stay current on all cycling topics by attending our educational events.
7. Find out about great new road biking routes.
8. Get updates on latest route closures and construction.
9. Get news on pending legislation related to bicycling.
10. Because you will ride farther, more frequently, and have more fun!
Who Joins Our Club and Why?
The main reasons people give for engaging in recreational road biking are fun, exercise, and socializing. The number one reason people give for not road biking is fear of injury. The BCC addresses all of these motivations and concerns by offering safe, fun, social group rides and advocating for improvements in the safety of our road biking environment.
Recreational road bikers represent a spectrum from those who see it as an occasional hobby to those who have a year-round passion for it. The BCC can accommodate both kinds of cyclists. For those who have a passion for it, a club like ours offers ways to stay involved year round and when not on the bike. Those who see it as a hobby may be attracted to our organized social and educational functions where they share information and fun with fellow enthusiasts and develop cycling friends.
For those more passionate about cycling, serving as a volunteer or volunteer leader offers opportunities to get more involved in ride leadership, route planning, safety education, cycling advocacy, and event planning. These activities enrich the experience of less involved members by providing useful safety, equipment, route, and cycling skills information as well as interesting cycling-related topics of conversation for rides and events. The core volunteer leadership team is uniquely engaged year-round in sharing the joy of road biking with fellow riders — some who have been riding for years, others who have just rediscovered this incredible activity. Our rides and events create a remarkable sense of community and encourage people to discover their own community in a whole different way.
No Cycling Elitism Here
Our members are welcoming and not elitist. We want riders of all levels to feel welcome, so this year we are offering A and B routes on scheduled rides. Both routes start and finish at roughly the same time. The B route is shorter and the average speed is less than on the A ride. We also welcome experienced riders who want to take a break from hammering and have some fun.
Discounts from Our Sponsors
FULL CYCLE/MULTISPORT and THE TUNE UP
- 10% off any regularly priced items (except bikes)
- 10% off mechanic services
- 10% off rentals and demos with discount code*
- 20% off bike fitting services
- 10% off food and beverage at The Tune Up Taproom
- New members should be prepared to show proof of current club membership
*Rental discount code will be simply “BCC10” for online reservations on our website.
THE TREK STORE
- $20 In-Store Credit for any purchase (Limit one per customer) Ask for a coupon for BCC Members at the front register or see Roy beforehand for a coupon.
- 10% off Parts and Accessories
- No discount on labor (service)
- No discount on bikes